This post will show you how to install the Apple TV Remote app on your Samsung Galaxy Tab. After a recent update to our Galaxy Tab, my kids started complaining that they couldn’t control their Apple TV anymore. This was because they had installed the Apple TV Remote app on one of our iPhones, and even though it was available on Android as well, it didn’t support Apple’s new Airplay protocol itself. So, I set out to explore how to solve this. We use an Apple TV for streaming media to our television, so this was important for us.
Go to the Google Play Store and search for Apple TV Remote
To install apple tv remote app on your Samsung galaxy tab:
- Go to the Google Play Store and search for Apple TV Remote.
- Click the Install button. After it finishes installing, click Open.
- Make sure that your Apple TV is plugged in and turned on.
- Click Set Up Manually to set up using Bluetooth.
- Move the slider to turn on Bluetooth on your Samsung Galaxy Tab. A list of available devices appears.
On your Apple TV, select Pair
- On your Apple TV on your Samsung Galaxy Tab, select Pair Remotes in Settings > General.
- On your Samsung tablet, open the Apple TV Remote app and select the name of your Apple TV.
- Use the onscreen keyboard to enter the password displayed on your Apple TV.
- An icon appears at the top of your Apple TV Remote app when connected successfully.
The remote app is a great tool that can help you from ever having to worry about where your apple tv remote is hiding. The app is compatible with most Android devices and makes it easy to control your media from anywhere in your home. If you want the ultimate remote experience, you should consider downloading the apple tv remote application for your device.
Featured image source: 9to5google.com